The STS Implementation Taskforce launched a public Consultation Paper at the STS Summit on 26 June 2023.
Stakeholders were provided with the option to submit a public or private submission. 31 submissions were received representing a wide range of stakeholder groups, the 23 public responses are published below.
Business broadly supported:
- establishment of a Trade Single Window;
- increased digitisation of trade documentation and processes;
- increased adoption of digital identification;
- alignment and de‐duplication of regulations;
- streamlining the Cargo Intervention Model;
- establishment of robust and secure data sharing mechanisms; and
- establishment of a central governance and accountability mechanism for cross‐border trade reform.
Responses received during the consultation period informed the Consultation Paper Summary. Additional responses received will inform future work. Our consultation and engagement with business will be ongoing.
The Consultation Paper sought feedback to help guide our areas of focus in developing reforms for a simpler cross‐border trade environment.