Article originally published 6 April 2023.
Members of the Taskforce engaged with key partners at the Cargo Consultative Committee, hosted by Department of Agriculture, Fisheries and Forestry.
The Department of Agriculture, Fisheries and Forestry Cargo Consultative Committee (DCCC) is a committee for the Department of Agriculture, Fisheries and Forestry and international trade and logistics service provider industries to consider tactical and strategic biosecurity related international trade/logistics issues.
The aim of the DCCC is to provide the department and industry with a consultative committee to ensure that effective biosecurity outcomes are delivered without unnecessary impediments to trade by facilitating efficient and effective biosecurity regulation across the biosecurity continuum.
Current DCCC industry membership includes representatives from:
- Board of Airline Representatives Australia
- Shipping Australia Ltd
- Federal Chamber of Automotive Industries
- International Forwarders and Customs Brokers Association Australia
- Conference of Asia Pacific Express Carriers
- Food and Beverage Importers Association
- International Cargo Handling Co-ordination Association
- Freight and Trade Alliance
- Export Council of Australia
- Australia Post
- Ports Australia
Frequency of meetings
The DCCC meets a minimum of three times per year with out-of-session meetings scheduled as necessary.
In 2023, three meetings are scheduled for 6 April, 6 July and 15 November.
For more information of the CCC, see: